Closing date: 29 May 2018
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires the services of a hardworking and self-motivated individual to grow and maintain the nurseries at the Lowveld National Botanical Garden.
The position requires the candidate to have a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience working in a nursery and plant propagation. The candidate should have the ability to communicate in English (read and write) and any other official language.
The successful candidate must be able to perform weekend duties on a rotational basis, willing to participate in field collection trips and plant exhibitions and displays.
The appointee will be responsible for:
- Collection of plant materials needed for propagation purposes
- Management of stock, equipment and chemicals
- Assist with accurate and prompt Financial administration
- Production of nursery stock and maintenance
- Control of pest and diseases in designated nurseries
- Provide excellent customer service
- Comply with basic Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
SANBI offers an annual salary of R110 739 and additional fringe benefits.
Read more about SANBI’s remuneration and benefits.
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
- A competency test may be conducted as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must also provide the full names, address and telephone number and if possible e-mail address of at least three referees.
- An application form must accompany the CV and motivational letter. Download Application Form.
- Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Ms Ethel Mokgoko on 012 843 5214 if further information required. Email completed application form, a motivational letter and concise CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 012 843 5222. Postal applications are to be addressed to: The Assistant Director – Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X101, Pretoria, 0001.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Please note that any emails sent to SANBI must be under 10MB in size.
Download Application Form